Today I am going to attempt to catch up on a neglected post. Kate Swaffer from “Creating Life With Words” nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award on March 24th – and I haven’t had time to respond yet.
I want to point you towards Kate’s blog first and foremost as she is one of the most inspiring bloggers I know. Kate has been diagnosed with early dementia, yet she posts almost daily. Her blog attempts to educate the rest of us about what it feels like to be diagnosed with dementia, and I hope you will click over and review some of her blog posts. I have learned so much from Kate and am glad to have found her blog.
These are the Rules of Acceptance for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. 2. Link back to the person who nominated you. 3. State 7 things about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them – I feel this is too much pressure – so if you don’t feel up to this step of the rules, please accept it with love anyway. 5. Notify them of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Above I have linked back to Kate’s blog and I certainly recommend you read it as it IS Very Inspiring. I have displayed the logo on this page, and I will try to come up with some facts about myself.
- I love animals and babies though I don’t have either at the moment. J
- I always planned to spend “more time” with mom and dad after retirement, but I had no idea how much time it would actually take!
- Mom and I have always been close, ever since I was quite young.
- I still miss mom every day, even though she has been gone more than 2 years now.
- I love to spend time with my grandchildren.
- My children grew up too fast while I was looking the other way. (preoccupied) L
- I love to blog also but again, I don’t seem to get to it as often as I would like.
I don’t have 15 nominations, but just 2 inspiring bloggers for now. The first is Kate, (above) who nominated me. She is one of the most inspiring bloggers I have read.
The other is Terry of Terry1954 who has lots of award nominations and deserves every one of them. She is such a dedicated caregiver to her brother and has a lot of people who follow her posts every day. Go over to her blog and see why.
I Am Part of the WordPress Family Award
This week, Terry of Terry1954 nominated me for the “I Am Part of the WordPress Family Award” on April 21, 2013.
The rules are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
Quoted from the Rules: “This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award”
Now I will list my nominations for the Word Press Family Award.
The Laughing Housewife http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/8387990/ I keep up with this one for the humor!
The Lemon Bar Queen http://jlsm697.wordpress.com/ She writes about her mother with Alzheimer’s Disease.
Aid In Aging http://aidingaging.wordpress.com/ She is a caregiver for her aging parents.
Chase It or Be Chased http://chaseitorbchased.com/ This one is for keeping up with technology.
Not Forgotten http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/46704026/
Two Socks on One Foot http://twosocksonefoot.wordpress.com/ Diary of a Dementia Carer.
Laughing at Alzheimer’s http://laughingatalzheimers.com/ Like me, she writes about family members with Alzheimer’s
Sort Your Story http://sortyourstory.wordpress.com/ This is to keep our family stories in mind.
The Estate Lady Speaks http://estatelady.wordpress.com/ Lots of good information from this one.